It is lightweight and suitable for older computers, while also providing cutting edge kernel and applications, as well as updates and additions via the apt-get package system and Debian-compatible repositories.
- Starting with version 19 antiX offers sysVinit and runit as a choice for the init system.
- Starting with version 22 antiX is offered elogind-free for both 32-bit and 64-bit architecture.
antiX comes with a default Desktop built on top of ROX or Zzzfm File Managers, GTK library and IceWM as a Window Manager. antiX-full and antiX-base include these window managers:
- Lightweight: Rox-IceWM (default), IceWM and ZzzFM-IceWM. (Stacking WM)
- Minimalist: Rox-Fluxbox, Fluxbox and ZzzFM-Fluxbox. (Stacking WM)
- Very minimalist: Rox-JWM, JWM and ZzzFM-JWM. (Stacking WM)
Running the ROX or Zzzfm variants provides a desktop icons and drag-and-drop function. Conky provides system monitor avaliability.
antiX is available for IA-32 (32-bit) and x86-64 (64-bit) architectures, and comes in four versions:
- Full, Includes X Windows, 4 windows managers, LibreOffice suite, and a 'Package Installer' which allows installation of a full range of applications (1.4 GB)
- Base, Includes X Windows, 4 windows managers, and a 'Package Installer' which allows the user to choose their own application suite (800 MB)
- Core, No X Windows, command-line installer without encryption, which enables the user to have total control over the install (440 MB)
- net, No X Windows, command-line installer without encryption, which enables the user to have total control with no desktop environment by default (180 MB)
These four AntiX versions were joined by MEPIS in 2014, developed in cooperation with the MEPIS Community to form MX Linux. MX Linux uses Xfce as the default desktop environment, is based directly on Debian Stable, is highly stable and gives solid performance from a medium-sized footprint. As of November 2016, MX Linux is now listed as a separate distro.
AntiX Live 19, 21 & 22 (32/64Bit)
- Brand: Linux DVD Center
- Product Code: B08HQPDB2D
- Availability: In Stock
- 3 or more €5.20
- 5 or more €4.20
- 10 or more €3.20
License: GNU/GPL (Free to use or Redistribute)
Please Note: This software is free to download from the developers website. You are paying for the label design, disk manufacturing, printing and postage. It is ideal for those who do not have broadband and do not want to use data or for those who do not feel confident burning an ISO file to DVD. These programs are licensed under the terms of the GNU License, the GNU lesser Public License or the Mozilla Public License or are in the Public Domain.